Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Last day of summer, First day of school

For the last day of summer, Michelle really wanted to do something fun. I was all shopped out (not to mention out of money) and all the Jr. High pools were closed to get ready for the first day of school.
Not wanting to go anywhere too crowded or too far from home, I decided to call my friend Susan and see if we could come to her house to swim. Of course she said yes, so we called some friends and headed over.

Brandon, being the good big brother he is, didn't want to let any of the kids down the big slide.
Luckily there were enough kids to overthrow his totalitarian dictatorship.


The rope swing is always fun, if you can get a turn.



The teens

Sydney and Brandon



The kids who still know how to have fun. :)

Trenton, Kapono, Cody, Michelle, Noelani and Bailey

Thanks for a fun last day of summer Susan!


Now for the big day!

After painted nails, neckline hair trims, showers and straightening hair. Father's blessings, laying out clothes and going to bed early.

The day has finally arrived.

LAST first day of elementary for one, first day of HIGH SCHOOL for the other!


For Brandon this year

it was all about the cool jeans.

























For Michelle, as always,
the focus was on accessories.

Michelle and Maddy. All dolled up and ready to take on 6th grade.

They even got a new ride...



...wth A/C and everything! :)

5 comments:

Kaylee said...

evidently, I live under a rock. I told Todd the big news, and he said " yeah. I know. I heard about 6 weeks ago!" Thanks for telling me, Todd!! But huge congrats anyways. That is so exciting for you.

buddyandsarahaws said...

That pool is awesome. What a fun last day of summer!

Krista said...

Mackenna says:

Michelle is SO lucky she gets to be in Elementary school this year. 6th grade is Middle School in Hamilton, so I have to be a big girl and deal with all the punks and it STINKS

Jenny Stradling said...

Oh my goodness, the kids are so big already, it`s nuts!!! I love them! Brandon`s back looks crazy in the swimming pic!

Dimitri and Zachary said...

Great pictures! First day of school pictures were very cute!