Monday, November 3, 2008

35 and still HOT! :)

Rick's birthday fell on Sunday so Lisa Aurich and I decided to get our families together, like we used to do, and make him our big yummy breakfast.



The spread


Orange Cinnamon french toast with buttermilk syrup, Strawberry Cheesecake crepes with fresh strawberries, powdered sugar and Redi-whip, Lisa's famous hash browns and Regan's yummy fruit smoothies. Yummmmm


Ben licking the beater from the cream cheese filling
Brandon, cutie-pie Jacob, Michelle, Colton and Regan
Rick, Blaine, Lisa, Ben and Lexi
Rick getting Elmo hugs and kisses from Ben :)
This is the face Ben makes when you tell him to smile. Ha!
After breakfast, I went home and put dinner in the oven to take over to the Aurich's later. We went to the late session of Stake Conference with our old ward, then headed back to stuff ourselves some more.
What a fun day, full of good food and good friends. It was just like the good old days, except we didn't sleep over. :)
At home that night to open presents. Happy Birthday Ricky!

(Don't miss the Halloween post below!)

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hey Jenny!
Rick is almost as old as me! Wow, now I guess I'm not the grandma, just maybe more of a big sister or something right? ha! Happy Birthday Rick!

Cadi said...

That food looks crazy delish... so hungry all the sudden. Happy BDay rick!

The Hansen Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cosmo and jenn said...

I think I'm going to need the recipe to your french toast and crepes! they look soooo good!

Krista said...

I thought that was a special dish reserved for us. I feel so cheated on. It sucks we couldn't have had a party here for him. Happy birfday anyway. We miss you guys.